Opening hours & price of admission
The MMM Dolomites is open from 1st June to 30th September.
From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in June and September. | Last admission at 4.30 p.m.
From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in July and August | Last admission at 5.30 p.m.
Closed on mondays
Price of admission
|Children aged 6 – 18||€ 6,00|
|Senior citizen (65 and above)||€ 10,00|
|Family ticket (2 adults with children under 14 years)||€ 28,00|
|Mini Family ticket (1 adults with children under 14 years)||€ 16,00|
|School classes||€ 6,00/person|
|People with disabilities||€ 10,00|
|With Geo-Card||2 tickets for the price of 1|
The MMM Tour-Ticket is a combined ticket for one visit each to Firmian, Juval, Ortles, Ripa, Dolomites and Corones. The ticket is valid for one year from the date of issue and is available at all Messner Mountain museums.
|Price||€ 55,00||€ 45,00||€ 125,00||€ 25,00|
*students, seniors, groups, people with disabilities
Guided tours & important information
The interior of the renovated “Batteria” is like the nave of a church with twenty side altars. In these niches, Reinhold Messner explores the history of the development of the Dolomites step by step. He employs relics, works of art and fossils to present the origins and history of rock climbing with reference to the Dolomites. As the exhibition is self-explanatory, no provision has been made for guided tours.
For further information and group bookings: +39 388 15 68 007 | E-Mail
- A fine weather destination (bring rainwear and warm clothing if necessary!)
- The circular walk of the museum is not suitable for disabled people.
- Large trekking backpacks and hiking poles are not permitted.
- The cloakroom is not supervised, so the museum assumes no liability.
- Radios and music are not permitted. Please switch off your mobile.
- No smoking
- Dogs are not allowed in the museum.
- Photographs can be made only in the courtyards.
- There is a bad internet connection on the mountain, it is therefore recommended to download the Locandy App beforehand
How to get there & contact
How to get there
By car: Brenner-Modena motorway (A22), exit at Brixen or Klausen in the direction of the Dolomite passes, pass through Cortina d’Ampezzo and take road no. SS51 as far as Cibiana di Cadore. Venice-Belluno motorway (A27), take the exit for Cadore and road no. SS51 as far as Venas di Cadore, on the left until Cibiana di Cadore. Car park at Passo Cibiana. Shuttle bus to the museum or follow the path (2-hour walk).
Shuttle bus (Passo Cibiana – Monte Rite)
Adults: roundtrip € 15,00 | single trip € 10,00
Children (aged 6-12): roundtrip € 13,00 | single trip € 8,00
Seniors (over 65): roundtrip € 13,00 | single trip € 8,00
Groups (20 people or more): reservation required
Informationen: +39 327 4166857 or Giorgio Scola +39 348 5658675
On foot: Starting from Forcella Cibiana, at the height of Hotel Remauro, you can reach the museum either by shuttle (approx. 20 minutes) or by foot. If you prefer to walk, you can choose between two options:
1. an easy 7-km walk with a constant gradient on the military road (approx. 2 hours), the same road the shuttle takes.
2. the CAI path n. 479 Col de Orlando, which allows to avoid the shuttle's constant passage and, at Forcella Dèona, leads back onto the military road that leads to the museum on top of the peak (approx. 1,30 hours).
Airport: Bolzano, Venice
c/o Località Monte Rite
I-32040 Cibiana di Cadore (BL)
Tel. +39 3881568007