Opening hours & price of admission
The MMM Dolomites opens on 5 June and will be open until 30 September.
From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in June and from the middle of September. | Last admission at 4.30 p.m.
From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in July, August and up to the middle of September | Last admission at 5.30 p.m.
Open seven days a week
Price of admission
|Children aged 6 – 14||€ 4,00|
|Senior citizen (65 and above)||€ 6,50|
|Family ticket||€ 18,00|
|School classes||€ 4,00/person|
|People with disabilities||€ 6,50|
|With Geo-Card||2 tickets for the price of 1|
The MMM Tour-Ticket is a combined ticket for one visit each to Firmian, Juval, Ortles, Ripa, Dolomites and Corones. The ticket is valid for one year from the date of issue and is available at all Messner Mountain museums.
|Price||€ 40,00||€ 35,00||€ 90,00||€ 15,00|
*students, seniors, groups, people with disabilities
ATTENTION: From 6 August, access to the museum only with Green Pass (EU digital COVID certificate).
• first vaccination against the coronavirus (valid after 15 days)
• completed the vaccination cycle (valid for 9 months)
• recovery from Covid-19 (valid for 3 months)
• Covid-19 molecular (PCR) or antigen test with negative result in the past 48 hours
• compulsory from the age of 12
Guided tours & important information
The interior of the renovated “Batteria” is like the nave of a church with twenty side altars. In these niches, Reinhold Messner explores the history of the development of the Dolomites step by step. He employs relics, works of art and fossils to present the origins and history of rock climbing with reference to the Dolomites. As the exhibition is self-explanatory, no provision has been made for guided tours.
For further information and group bookings: +39 388 15 68 007 | E-Mail
- A fine weather destination (bring rainwear and warm clothing if necessary!)
- The circular walk of the museum is not suitable for handicapped persons.
- Rucksacks and hiking poles are not permitted.
- The cloakroom is not supervised, so the museum assumes no liability.
- Radios and music are not permitted. Please switch off your mobile.
- No smoking
- Dogs are not allowed in the museum.
- Photographs can be made only in the courtyards.
- There is a bad internet connection on the mountain, so it is recommended to download the Locandy App before
How to get there & contact
How to get there
Important information for buses: the road from Venas to Cibiana is currently only passable for cars and minibuses due to the construction of a new bridge.
Normal buses must take the diversions via Longarone and Zoldo to get to Passo Cibiana (the route is thus extended by approx. 42 km).
Alternatively, a shuttle ride from Venas is also possible; early organisation is necessary!
By car: Brenner-Modena motorway (A22), exit at Brixen or Klausen in the direction of the Dolomite passes, pass through Cortina d’Ampezzo and take road no. SS51 as far as Cibiana di Cadore. Venice-Belluno motorway (A27), take the exit for Cadore and road no. SS51 as far as Venas di Cadore, on the left until Cibiana di Cadore. Car park at Passo Cibiana. Shuttle bus to the museum or follow the path (2-hour walk).
Nearest airport: Bozen, Venice
Shuttle bus (Passo Cibiana – Monte Rite): Services daily from 1 June to 30 September from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Fares: Adults single EUR 9.00/9.00, return EUR 13.00
Children (aged 6-12) single EUR 7.00/7.00, return EUR 10.00
Groups (10 people or more): reservation required
Informationen: Mauro Menardi, Tel. +39 335 5473971, firstname.lastname@example.org
c/o Località Monte Rite
I-32040 Cibiana di Cadore (BL)
Tel. +39 3881568007