Opening hours & price of admission
The MMM Juval is open continuously from the fourth Sunday of March to the first Sunday in November (also in July & August).
10am – 5pm | closed on Wednesdays
Prices of admission
|Children aged 6 – 14||€ 4,00|
|Senior citizens (65 and above)||€ 9,00|
|Family ticket||€ 22,00|
|Groups (15 people or more)||€ 9,00/person|
|School classes||€ 4,00/person|
|People with disabilities||€ 9,00|
|with Geo-Card||2 tickets for the price of 1|
The MMM Tour Ticket is a combined ticket for one visit each to Firmian, Juval, Ortles, Ripa, Dolomites and Corones. The ticket is valid for one year from the date of issue and is available at all Messner Mountain Museums.
|price||€ 40,00||€ 35,00||€ 90,00||€ 15,00|
*Students, seniors, groups, people with disabilities
ATTENTION: From 6 August, access to the museum only with Green Pass (EU digital COVID certificate).
• first vaccination against the coronavirus (valid after 15 days)
• completed the vaccination cycle (valid for 9 months)
• recovery from Covid-19 (valid for 6 months)
• Covid-19 molecular (PCR) or antigen test with negative result in the past 48 hours
• compulsory for persons aged 12 and over
• vaccination certificates in printed form are also accepted
From this year on there are no guided tours at Juval Castle anymore. Instead, you can download the “Locandy app” (works like an audio-guide)
In addition to signs, the museum staff will also provide information about the works on request.
For more information and group bookings:
+39 348 4433871 (opening hours only) or +39 0471 631264 | email
From 19 March 2017 there will be a trilingual museum app, which visitors can download free of charge. The app works like a multimedia guide in which Reinhold Messner guides visitors through the museums.
- Download the Locandy App from the App- or Playstore
- Find the museum guide by entering “Messner Mountain Museum” or scan the QR code
- Using the GPS radius search, the individual stations are unlocked on site in the individual locations of the Messner Mountain Museum
- A fine weather destination (bring rainwear if necessary!)
- Stout footwear is essential.
- The circular walk of the museum is not suitable for handicapped persons.
- Rucksacks and hiking poles are not permitted.
- Radios and music are not permitted. Please switch off your mobile.
- No smoking
- Dogs are not allowed in the museum.
- Photographs can be made only in the courtyards.
How to get there & contact
How to get there
By car: From Meran on road no. SS38 in the direction of Reschen Pass as far as the free Juval car park on the road between Naturns and Staben. There is no parking at the castle. For environmental reasons, you are requested to use the shuttle bus or walk.
By train: International trains to Bozen and the Vinschgerbahn railway to Staben (approx. 90 minute walk from the station)
Nearest airport: Bozen
Shuttle-Bus: Shuttle bus: Services daily except Wednesdays from the car park to Schlosswirt Juval. From there it is a 15 minute walk to the castle.
Fare: EUR 3.00 single, EUR 5.00 return| +39 335 1015276.
|Juval car park||9.40||10.00||10.30||11.00||11.30||12.00||12.30||13.00||13.50||14.30||15.00||15.30||16.30|
Walks to the Museum
There are three walks to MMM Juval:
The Waalweg from Tschars following the no. 3 waymark in the direction of Schloss Juval (approx. 1 1/2 hours)
From Staben following the no. 1 waymark and then the Schnals Waalweg (no. 3 waymark) in the direction of Schloss Juval (approx. 1 hour)
Along the road leading to Juval (possibly using the shuttle bus for the first half) to Unterortl and then following the Ortlsteig path in the direction of Schlosswirt Juval (approx. 1 1/2 hours)
I-39020 Kastelbell (BZ)
Tel. +39 348 4433871 (only opening hours) or +39 0471 631264
Fax +39 0471 633884