Opening hours & price of admission
MMM Firmian is open from the third Sunday in March to the second Sunday in November. 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Doors close at 5 p.m. | Closed on Thursdays
Price of admission
|Children aged 6 – 14||€ 4,00|
|Senior citizens (65 and above)||€ 10,00|
|Family ticket||€ 26,00|
|Groups (15 people or more)||€ 10,00/person|
|School classes||€ 4,00/person|
|People with disabilities||€ 10,00|
|with Geo-Card||2 tickets for the price of 1|
The MMM Tour-Ticket is a combined ticket for one visit each to Firmian, Juval, Ortles, Ripa, Dolomites and Corones. The ticket is valid for one year from the date of issue and is available at all Messner Mountain Museums.
|Price||€ 40,00||€ 35,00||€ 90,00||€ 15,00|
*Students, seniors, groups, people with disabilities
ATTENTION: From 6 August, access to the museum only with Green Pass (EU digital COVID certificate).
• first vaccination against the coronavirus (valid after 15 days)
• completed the vaccination cycle (valid for 9 months)
• recovery from Covid-19 (valid for 6 months)
• Covid-19 molecular (PCR) or antigen test with negative result in the past 48 hours
• compulsory for persons aged 12 and over
• vaccination certificates in printed form are also accepted
Guided tours & important information
The nature as museum
The exhibition trail also integrates the surroundings of Sigmundskron Castle. The fortress, which overlooks Bozen, offers fine views of the Texel mountains, the Ötz Valley Alps and the majestic Schlern. Even the town in the foreground and the motorway that passes through the hill on which the castle stands are incorporated in the overall design – as examples of how man interacts with the mountains today.
The visitor proceeds clockwise around the central rock with the ruins of the 10th century chapel. There is no access to the highest point. There are no guided tours.
For further information and group bookings: +39 0471 631264 | E-Mail
- A fine weather destination (bring rainwear if necessary!)
- Stout footwear is essential.
- The circular walk of the museum is not suitable for disabled people. Only the courtyard, exhibition room, restaurant terrace and toilet are barrier-free.
- Please do not stray from the signposted paths.
- Do not run. Look out for uneven surfaces.
- Rucksacks and hiking poles are not permitted.
- Radios and music are not permitted. Please switch off your mobile.
- No smoking
- Dogs are not allowed in the museum.
How to get there & contact
How to get there
By car: Brenner-Modena motorway(A22), exit at Bozen Süd and take the Bozen-Meran highway, exit at Eppan, and follow the signs to Girlan. Parking area; parking charge: € 3.00. The parking area is also accessible for coaches up to 12 meters long.
By train: International train services to Bozen, regional train to Sigmundskron, from the station follow path no. 1 (20 min).
Nearest airport: Bozen
The ecological way:
How to reach the museum without a car:
20 min. walk from Sigmundskron, path no. 1
25 min. by bike from Bozen town centre
30 min. by train from Meran + 20 min. walk from Sigmundskron station
Tel. +39 0471 631264